What to Donate
We welcome new and gently used clothing and household items.
Your donations are crucial to our mission – they are what make America’s Thrift Stores able to support our ministry partners.
We know you go through your closets, basements and garage each change of seasons, cleaning out those items you’ll never wear or use again. When you do, think of us and donate!
Below is a list of typical items we can and cannot accept. If you wish, we do suggest that you call the store in your area to inquire about a specific type of donation.
Items we do accept:
- If you wear it, we want it!
- Men’s, Women’s, Children’s Clothing
- Men’s, Women’s, Children’s Shoes
- Nylons, Socks, Underwear
- Accessories such as: Hats, Mittens, Scarves, Ties, Purses, Wallets, Fanny Packs, Bags
- Bed sheets, blankets, pillows, curtains, tablecloths, and similar items
- Bath towels, hand towels, wash clothes, bath rugs
- Sports equipment, exercise equipment, bicycles
- Kitchen Ware such as pots, pans, utensils, china, vases, dishes, cutlery, glassware, silverware
- Small electrical appliances such as power tools, irons, blenders, mixers, stereos, CD players, speakers, DVD players & VCRs, lamps, fans, humidifiers
- Miscellaneous Items such as jewelry, crafts, mugs, candles, pictures/frames, baskets, ornaments, hand tools
- Chairs, sofas, couches, loveseats, recliners, foot stools, storage dressers, armoire, bookcase, cabinets, entertainment centers, dining tables, kitchen tables, coffee tables, end tables, computer tables, night stands, patio sets
- Cars, trucks and RV’s (must be able to drive it to the store / do not call for home pick up)
- Hardback and paper books
- Records, tapes, CDs
- Videos, DVDs, Blu-rays
- Toys, games, and puzzles
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Mattresses/box springs for sanitary reasons
- Hazardous waste/materials
- Used children’s car seats
- Used major appliances
- PC’s / Computers / Printers
- Box TVs (tube, cabinet, console). We will only accept flat monitor style that can be easily mounted on a wall.
- Construction remains (i.e. carpet scraps, boards with nails, etc.)
- Items recalled by the CPSC
- Firearms and firearms accessories