This notice describes our privacy practices. It describes how we collect, use, and protect the personal information we may collect from you. This notice applies to AmericasThrift.com, Americasthriftsupply.com, the America’s Thrift Stores mobile application or any other site or mobile application that links to this notice (collectively, the “Websites”) and is owned by ATS Operating, LLC (“America’s Thrift Stores,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). By using any of the Websites, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as described in this notice. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
This notice is designed to answer frequently asked questions about your online privacy, including what personally identifiable information we may obtain from you and how we may use it. From time to time, we may revise this Privacy Notice, so please check back periodically.
What personal information about visitors do the Websites collect?
The information we learn from visitors helps us personalize and continually improve the Websites and our services. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. For example, you may provide your email address to join our email list and receive news and offers about America’s Thrift Stores, or you may provide a name and address if you wish to make donations. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features, such as coupons or promotions. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your experience on the Websites, improving our services, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses the Websites or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of us on other websites.
- Mobile: When you download or use our mobile applications, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- Email Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open email from us. We may also compare our visitor list to lists received from other companies. If you do not want to receive email from us, you may follow the link to “unsubscribe” in our emails.
- Information from Other Sources: We may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
How may we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services, such as to take and handle orders and donations, deliver products and services, process payments, pick up donations, and communicate with you about orders, donations, products and services, and promotional offers;
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve our services, such as to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the our services;
- Recommendations and personalization, such as to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with our services;
- Comply with legal obligations;
- Communicate with you;
- Send you offers and news about America’s Thrift Stores;
- Advertising, such as to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you; and
- Fraud prevention and credit risks to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, ourselves, and others.
How may we contact you via text messaging or SMS and how can you opt out?
You may provide us with a mobile number to receive calls, text or short messaging service (“SMS”) messages from us by texting ATS to 89315. By providing your number, opting in, or signing up through a mobile device, you consent to this Privacy Notice and you consent to receiving autodialed, text or e-mail messages at the number. Your consent to such messages is not required as a condition to purchase products or services from America’s Thrift Stores. Please note that:
- Message frequency may vary. For example, we may sent text messages when we need to provide you with notifications or reminders about our loyalty program or when we offer special discounts or promotions.
- Our text messaging program may not be available on all wireless carriers. We are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- Standard carrier message and data rates may apply. Please consult your mobile service carrier’s pricing plan to determine the charges for sending and receiving text messages.
- To opt out, you may text STOP to 89315 from your mobile number. You agree that if you request to opt out from future messages, we may send you a one-time confirmation text message.
- If you have any questions or need help with the messages you receive from America’s Thrift Stores, text Help to 89315. You may also email America’s Thrift Stores at email@example.com.
- We may terminate our messaging services at any time, for any reason, with or without notice to you.
What are cookies and web beacons and how can you opt out?
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services;
- Keeping track of your account preferences;
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our content, products, and services;
- Preventing fraudulent activity;
- Improving security;
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on the Websites and third-party sites; and
- Reporting, such as to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
A web beacon is an object embedded in a webpage or email that allows us to confirm that you accessed our content. We may use web beacons or similar technologies to track and measure the effectiveness of our emails and targeted ads. If you would like to opt out of the collection and use of such information for ad targeting, including through third party service providers, such as Google, Facebook, and Twitter, you made do so using the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out tool, available here: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
How may we share the information we receive?
Information about our visitors is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We may share customer information as described below and with our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Third Party Transactions: We work closely with affiliated businesses, including those with co-branded and joint offerings, and we may share visitor information related to such offerings with such affiliated businesses. In addition, we may send offers (such as coupons or promotions) to selected groups of our visitors on behalf of other businesses.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, picking up donations, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or buy companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. For example, if America’s Thrift Stores, one of its subsidiaries, or substantially all of its or their assets are acquired, then customer information may be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of the Websites and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of America’s Thrift Stores, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
Are children allowed to use the Websites?
The Websites are not designed for or targeted to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
If you choose to visit or use the Websites, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Alabama. If you have any concern about privacy at the Websites, please contact us with a thorough description of your concerns, and we will try to resolve it. As our business changes, our Privacy Notice and our Conditions of Use will change also. We may email notice of major revisions to our notices and conditions, but you should check our Websites and this notice frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
America’s Thrift Store rewards accounts are limited to one individual per account and duplicate accounts, including multiple email addresses or phone numbers, may be deleted by America’s Thrift Stores. Only natural persons transacting in their personal capacity are eligible to participate.
You may contact us at https://www.americasthrift.com/contact/