30 Years of Thrift Experience
Founded in 1984, by Buford Salmon, America’s Thrift Stores is a for-profit thrift store and operates in the southeastern United States. The company is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama and operates stores in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi and Louisiana. America’s Thrift Stores employs over 1,000 employees and pays over $4 million to its non- profit partners annually, as it turns donated items into revenue for their missions.
A timeline of our history is below:
- Opened the first store in Midfield, AL.
- Partnered with Christian Service Mission to collect gently used goods for resale.
- 4 more stores opened in Alabaster, Pell City, Jasper and Huffman, AL.
- Opened our first store outside of Alabama in Biloxi, MS.
- We began our partnership with Home of Grace.
- We began our partnership with a state ministry.
- America’s Thrift Stores opened stores in Norcross, Riverdale and Marietta, Georgia.
- America’s Thrift Stores entered into a partnership with The Mission of Hope.
- First store opening in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Teen Challenge was contracted to collect donations for our Baton Rouge, LA store.
- We opened 7 new stores.
- We opened a store in Prattville, AL.
- America’s Thrift Stores entered into a partnership with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- We closed our Riverdale, GA location.
- America’s Thrift Stores entered into a partnership with Make a Wish Alabama as it’s sole beneficiary for the state of Alabama.